Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 14 to August 20, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 14: Gunmen killed twenty-eight in Jos North, Plateau.
- August 14: Bandits killed nine and kidnapped six in Goronyo, Sokoto.
- August 14: Bandits killed eight in Chikun, Kaduna.
- August 15: Bandits killed four and kidnapped nineteen students and staff at a school in Gusau, Zamfara.
- August 15: Gunmen killed five in Kaura Local Government Area (LGA) and three in Zangon Kataf LGA in Kaduna.
- August 15: Kidnappers abducted three in Kwali, Federal Capital Territory.
- August 15: Gunmen killed seven in Jos North, Plateau.
- August 15: Bandits killed seven and one bandit was killed in Matazu, Katsina.
- August 16: Bandits killed four and kidnapped six in Jibia LGA and killed two in Dutsin-Ma LGA in Katsina.
- August 16: Gunmen killed one police officer and six others in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- August 16: Bandits killed one and kidnapped nine in Danmusa, Katsina.
- August 16: Nigerian troops killed forty-five bandits in Maru, Zamfara.
- August 17: Gunmen kidnapped ten students and one teacher in Faskari, Katsina.
- August 17: Bandits killed thirteen and kidnapped forty in Maru, Zamfara.
- August 17: Communal violence led to six deaths in Bassa, Plateau.
- August 18: Communal violence led to five deaths in Yala, Cross River.
- August 18: A clash between bandits led to nine of their deaths in Giwa, Kaduna.
- August 18: Gunmen killed two in Agatu LGA and fifteen in Katsina-Ala LGA in Benue.
- August 19: Gunmen kidnapped four in Isuikwua, Abia.
- August 19: Gunmen killed three in Bassa, Plateau.
- August 19: Three Shiite Muslims were allegedly killed by police officers in Sokoto, Sokoto.
- August 20: Gunmen killed seven in Ife East, Osun.
- August 20: Bandits kidnapped seventy in Bakura, Zamfara.