Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 5 to December 11, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 5: Airstrikes killed "several" (estimated at ten) bandits in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- December 5: Bandits killed four people in Talata-Mafara, Zamfara.
- December 6: Nigerian troops killed three bandits in Makurdi, Benue.
- December 6: Nigerian troops killed four Boko Haram militants in Magumeri, Borno.
- December 7: Kidnappers killed two and abducted two in Karim-Lamido, Taraba.
- December 7: Kidnappers abducted three teachers in Uvwie, Delta.
- December 7: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- December 7: The Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) killed ten Nigerian soldiers and took one hostage in Damboa, Borno.
- November 23–December 7: Cult clashes resulted in twenty deaths in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun.
- December 8: Gunmen killed two in Oredo, Edo.
- December 8: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- December 8: Bandits killed sixteen in Dambatta, Kano; police officers claim the deaths were due to a road accident.
- December 8: A cult clash resulted in two deaths in Warri South, Delta.
- December 9: Kidnappers abducted a Taraba lawmaker in Jalingo, Taraba.
- December 9: A land dispute led to five deaths in Isoko South, Delta.
- December 9: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Nasarawa, Nassarawa.
- December 9: Bandits kidnapped twenty-five in Sabuwa, Katsina.
- December 9: Kidnappers abducted two Indian foreign nationals in Ibadan, Oyo.
- December 9: ISWA abducted two aid workers in Konduga, Borno.
- December 10: Police officers killed two civilians in Obio/Akpor, Rivers.
- December 10: Kidnappers abducted five in Rafi, Niger State.
- December 11: Gunmen killed one police officer in Uvwie, Delta.
- December 11: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- December 11: Herdsmen killed four in Makurdi, Benue.
- December 11: Bandits may have killed three people and kidnapped up to six hundred students at a school in Kankara, Katsina.
- December 11: Communal violence resulted in two deaths in Akure, Ondo.