Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 13 to January 19, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 13: Herdsmen killed ten in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- January 14: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Khana, Rivers.
- January 16: Nigerian troops killed two cultists in Etim Ekpo, Akwa Ibom.
- January 16: Boko Haram killed five and abducted "some" (est. at five) in Madagali, Adamawa.
- January 16: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Guma LGA, two deaths in Logo LGA and one death in Okpokwu LGA in Benue.
- January 16: Kidnappers killed two policemen and abducted two Canadians and two Americans in Kagarko, Kaduna. The abductees were freed later in the week.
- January 17: Four suicide bombers killed themselves and ten others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- January 17: Seven Nigerien soldiers, one civilian, and four Boko Haram militants died during a clash in Toumour, Niger.
- January 17: Gunmen abducted five oil workers in Warri North, Delta.
- January 18: Boko Haram killed five in Madagali, Adamawa.
- January 19: Kidnappers abducted eight APC chieftans in Munya, Niger