Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 17 to July 23, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 17: Bandits kidnapped seven and killed one in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- July 17: Ten bandits and two police officers were killed during a clash in Wushishi, Niger State.
- July 18: Bandits killed thirteen police officers in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- July 18: Bandits shot down an Nigerian Air Force fighter jet in Zamfara, but the pilot survived.
- July 18: Gunmen killed ten in Guma, Benue.
- July 19: Two pirates and one soldier were killed during a clash in Burutu, Delta.
- July 19: Kidnappers abducted eight in Akuku-Toru, Rivers.
- July 19: A cult clash resulted in two deaths in Etim Ekpo, Akwa Ibom.
- July 20: Communal violence led to thirty deaths in Konshisha, Benue.
- July 20: Suspected herdsmen killed thirteen in Guma, Benue.
- July 20: Amotekun officers killed two in Ibadan, Oyo.
- July 21: Gunmen killed six soldiers in Enugu South, Enugu.
- July 21: Suspected herdsmen killed five farmers in Keana, Nassarawa.
- July 21: Soldiers killed three civilians in Igabi, Kaduna.
- July 21: Police officers rescued eleven out of twelve kidnappees and killed one bandit in Gusau, Zamfara.
- July 22: Cultists killed two in Odeda, Ogun.
- July 22: Suspected kidnappers killed two in Jos, Plateau.
- July 22: Cultists killed one soldier in Yenegoa, Bayelsa.
- July 23: Bandits killed seven and kidnapped fourteen in Maru, Zamfara.
- July 23: Cultists killed three in Ondo, Ondo.
- July 23: Bandits attacked a police station and killed one police officer in Igabi, Kaduna.
- July 23: Vigilantes killed two in Adavi, Kogi.
- July 23: Soldiers killed "several" (estimated at ten) Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) militants in Nkanu East, Enugu.