Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 2 to October 8, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 2: Nigerian troops repelled an Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) attack on Damboa, Borno; there were no reported casualties.
- October 2: Police officers killed one bandit in Giwa, Kaduna.
- October 2: Bandits killed three in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- October 3: Kidnappers abducted four in Akure North, Ondo.
- October 3: Gunmen killed three in Nnewi North, Anambra.
- October 3: Suspected herdsmen killed three in Bassa, Plateau.
- October 3: Gunmen killed two in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- October 4: Kidnappers abducted nine in Etsako East, Edo; they were subsequently rescued.
- October 4: Police officers killed four kidnappers in Ika South, Delta.
- October 5: Bandits killed twenty-one in Kaura-Namode, Zamfara.
- October 5: Bandits killed sixteen in Batsari, Katsina.
- October 5: Gunmen killed three in Awka, Anambra.
- October 5: Gunmen killed five mobile police officers in Rafi, Niger State.
- October 6: Boko Haram killed five in Mayo Moskota, Cameroon.
- October 6: Kidnappers abducted four in Ekiti East, Ekiti.
- October 6: Police officers killed one Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)/Eastern Security Network (ESN) militant in Ehime-Mbano, Imo.
- October 7: Gunmen killed two police officers and ten others in Onicha, Ebonyi.
- October 7: One police officer and three gunmen were killed during an attack on a checkpoint in Ihiala, Anambra.
- October 7: An outlawed vigilante group killed eleven civilians in Gwadabawa, Sokoto.
- October 8: Two soldiers and one civilian were killed during a clash with smugglers in Oguta, Imo.
- October 8: Bandits killed twenty in Sabon Birni, Sokoto.
- October 8: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped four in Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area (LGA) and kidnapped two in Lokoja LGA in Kogi.