Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 23 to October 29, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- (Last week, October 19: Nigerian troops killed thirty-eight militants, including new Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) leader Malam Bako in the "northeast.")
- October 23: "Scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants and three soldiers were killed during a clash in Gujba, Yobe.
- October 24: One police officer and one Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) assailant were killed during an attack on a police station in Afikpo, Ebonyi.
- October 24: Gunmen killed six and abducted "several" (estimated at five) others in Faskari, Katsina.
- October 24: Kidnappers abducted three from a church in Ewekoro, Ogun.
- October 25: Bandits killed eighteen and kidnapped eighteen from a mosque in Mashegu, Niger State; one bandit was also killed by security forces.
- October 25: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Omala, Kogi.
- October 25: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- October 25: Kidnappers abducted ten in Shiroro, Niger State.
- October 26: Bandits killed seven in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- October 26: Kidnappers abducted eight in Ikole, Ekiti.
- October 26: Smugglers killed two customs officers in Egbado South, Ogun.
- October 28: Bandits killed five in Batsari, Katsina.
- October 28: Troops killed one Biafran National Guardsman in Ohafia, Abia.
- October 28: Communal violence led to 5 deaths in Ughelli South, Delta.
- October 28: Boko Haram killed two police officers in Damboa, Borno.
- October 28: Bandits killed twenty security operatives in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- October 29: Troops killed four Eastern Security Network members in Idemili South, Anambra.
- October 29: Troops killed twenty bandits in Rafi, Niger State.
- October 29: Troops killed five Indigenous People of Biafra militants in Ikwo, Ebonyi.
- October 29: Kidnappers abducted nine in Kachia, Kaduna.
- October 29: Security agents killed "several" bandits in Igabi Local Government Area (LGA) and Chikun LGA (estimated at ten in each location) in Kaduna.
- October 29: Gunmen killed four police officers in Aguata, Anambra.