Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 3 to September 9, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 3: Bandits killed a Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps officer and abducted three in Ikole, Ekiti.
- September 3: Kidnappers abducted thirty-two in Ose, Ondo.
- September 3: Troops killed three bandits in Igabi, Kaduna.
- September 3: Gunmen killed one and abducted 8 in Asari-Toru, Rivers.
- September 3: Herdsmen killed three in Guma, Benue.
- September 4: Bandits abducted three in Jibia, Katsina.
- September 4: Police officers killed two bandits in Kankiya, Katsina.
- September 4: A cult clash resulted in three deaths in Gboko, Benue.
- September 5: Communal violence resulted in one death in Isoko South, Delta.
- September 6: Robbers killed five while robbing multiple banks in Ankpa, Kogi.
- September 6: Bandits killed two and kidnapped thirteen in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- September 6: Bandits killed "many" (est. at ten) in Kanam, Plateau.
- September 7: Bandits kidnapped three in Okigwe, Imo.
- September 7: Gunmen killed three police officers and two others in Enugu North, Enugu.
- September 7: Robbers killed two in Igabi, Kaduna.
- September 7: Troops killed fifty-two Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- September 8: Bandits killed four in Omala, Kogi.
- September 9: Troops killed "several" (est. at ten) bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 9: Herders killed four in Guma, Benue.
- September 9: Airstrikes killed "scores" (est. at forty) of Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) militants in Ngala, Borno