Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 23 to January 29, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 23: A communal clash resulted in forty deaths in Ohaukwu, Ebonyi.
- January 23: Pirates killed one sailor and kidnapped fifteen off the coast of Nigeria (estimated at Bonny, Rivers).
- January 23: Kidnappers abducted eight children from an orphanage and three others in Abaji, FCT.
- January 23: Military airstrikes killed "many" (estimated at twenty) bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- January 24: Bandits killed six and kidnapped fifteen in Paikoro, Niger State.
- January 24: Gunmen killed one police officer and one soldier in Sapele, Delta.
- January 24: Bandits killed seven in Maradun, Zamfara.
- January 25: Kidnappers abducted fourteen in Ijumu, Kogi.
- January 25: One soldier and nine civilians were killed during a clash between the military and Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) protestors in Orlu, Imo.
- January 25: Gunmen killed two police officers in Karim-Lamido, Taraba.
- January 25: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram militants in the town of Chindila, Yobe (no LGA given/found).
- January 25: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in the town of Mayankari, Borno (no LGA given/found).
- January 26: Bandits killed three in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- January 27: Bandits killed ten in Faskari, Katsina.
- January 27: Cult clashes resulted in four deaths in Warri South, Delta.
- January 27: Kidnappers abducted twenty-seven in Takum, Taraba.
- January 27: Bandits kidnapped ten in Chikun, Kaduna.
- January 28: Bandits kidnapped fifty in Shiroro LGA and killed one and kidnapped six in Lapai LGA in Niger State.
- January 28: Two were killed when gunmen attacked a police station in Ibadan, Oyo.
- January 28: Bandits killed one in Igabi LGA, three in Kajuru LGA, and twelve in Giwa LGA in Kaduna.
- January 28: Bandits killed eleven and kidnapped five in Faskari, Katsina.
- January 28: Military airstrikes killed "many" bandits in Birnin-Gwari, Chikun, and Giwa LGAs in Kaduna (estimated at sixty total).
- January 29: Boko Haram killed two soldiers and kidnapped two police officers in Dikwa, Borno.
- January 29: Amotekun killed five civilians in Ibadan, Oyo.
- January 29: Kidnappers abducted twenty-one in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- January 29: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Bama LGA and four militants in Mafa LGA in Borno.