Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 27 to June 2, 2023. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 27: Kidnappers abducted four children in Njaba, Imo.
- May 27: Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) killed two soldiers while troops killed thirty-nine ISWA militants within the past two weeks in Abadam, Borno.
- May 28: The Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) killed three Boko Haram militants in Abadam, Borno.
- May 29: Police officers killed two bandits in Bindawa, Katsina.
- May 29: Gunmen killed three in Emuoha, Rivers.
- May 29: Herders killed six in Apa, Benue.
- May 30: Bandits killed twenty-five in Maru, Zamfara.
- May 30: Kidnappers abducted an estimated ten people in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- May 30: Bandits killed one and abducted five in Kagarko, Kaduna.
- May 30: Cultists killed five in Ahoada West, Rivers.
- May 30: Troops killed "scores" of bandits (est. at twenty total) in Anka and Shinkafi Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Zamfara.
- May 31: Police officers killed two kidnappers in Udu, Delta.
- May 31: Kidnappers killed three and abducted two in Obafemi-Owode, Ogun.
- June 1: Troops killed three bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 2: Police officers killed four cultists in Emuoha, Rivers.