- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 30 to June 5, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, May 26: Nigerian troops killed seventy-five Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.)
- May 30: Bandits killed three in Faskari, Katsina.
- May 30: Gunmen abducted five in Shiroro, Niger state.
- May 30: Boko Haram killed two in Askira/Uba, Borno.
- May 30: Nigerian troops killed four bandits in Tsafe, Zamfara.
- May 30: Gunmen killed three and kidnapped two in Sabon Birni, Sokoto.
- May 31: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed herself but no others in Konduga, Borno.
- May 31: Bandits killed eighteen in Faskari, Katsina.
- May 31: Herdsmen killed three in Akinyele, Oyo.
- May 31: Herdsmen killed thirteen in Obi, Benue.
- June 1: Boko Haram killed four in Konduga LGA and four in Damboa LGA, Borno.
- June 1: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped three in Shiroro, Niger state.
- June 1: Nigerian troops killed one Boko Haram militant in Madagali, Adamawa.
- June 2: Boko Haram kidnapped one soldier and three aid workers in Guzamala, Borno.
- June 2: Nine Boko Haram militants and one soldier were killed during a clash in Kukawa, Borno.
- June 3: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 3: Gunmen killed nine in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- June 3: Bandits killed six in Talata-Mafara LGA and fifteen in Maru LGA, Zamfara.
- June 3: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- June 4: Bandits killed two in Kurfi, Katsina.
- June 4: Bank robbers killed eight police officers and one civilian in Yagba East, Kogi.
- June 4: Gunmen kidnapped six in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 4: Sectarian violence led to five deaths in Guma, Benue.
- June 5: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Kwande, Benue.
- June 5: Sectarian violence led to eleven deaths in Bali, Taraba.
- June 5: Nigerian troops killed seventy bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 5: Nigerian troops killed three bandits in Tsafe, Zamfara.