- Also known as TEMP.Zagros, Seedworm and Static Kitten.
This threat actor targets governments, primarily in the Middle East and South Asia, for espionage purposes.
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
Suspected state sponsor
- Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Type of incident
- Muddying the water: targeted attacks in the Middle East
- Saudi agency says country targeted in cyber spying campaign
- A dive into MuddyWater APT targeting Middle-East
- Iranian Threat Group Updates Tactics, Techniques and Procedures in Spear Phishing Campaign
- Middle East group goes on hacking spree against telecoms, embassies and more
- Iranian intel cyber suite of malware uses open source tools