Date of report
- June 2020
- Government of China
Hackers believed by Australian officials to be operating on behalf of China targeted Australian government agencies and companies through a known exploit in Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Australian government agencies and private companies
Suspected state sponsor
Type of incident
- Private sector
- Civil society
- Australia blames a state actor for major disruptions. China is already denying it.
- Advisory 2020-008: Copy-paste compromises - tactics, techniques and procedures used to target multiple Australian networks
- 'Sophisticated state-based' cyber attack hits Australian government, businesses in major breach
- China believed to be behind major cyber attack on Australian governments and businesses