- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 30 to December 6, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker, featured below.
- December 1: Sectarian violence led to one death in Abeokuta North, Ogun.
- December 1: Two were killed in a clash between IPOB and the police in Ekwusigo, Anambra.
- December 2: Two policemen and ten IPOB members were killed during the ongoing clash in Ekwusigo, Anambra.
- December 2: Gunmen abducted three students in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- December 2: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Atakumosa West, Ogun.
- December 3: Cult violence led to three deaths in Apapa, Lagos.
- December 3: Pirates kidnapped nineteen crew members in Bonny, Rivers.
- December 4: Bandits killed thirteen and kidnapped six in Rafi, Niger.
- December 4: Boko Haram kidnapped twenty-one in Mbreche, Cameroon.
- December 4: Boko Haram kidnapped fourteen in Maiduguri, Borno.
- December 5: Boko Haram killed four in northern Cameroon (location estimated).
- December 6: Gunmen abducted two Catholic priests in Ose, Ondo.