Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 28 to May 4, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 28: Bandits killed fourteen miners in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- April 28: Nigerian fighter aircraft bombed Boko Haram territory in Konduga, Borno, killing "scores" (estimated at fourty) of militants.
- April 28: Herdsmen killed eight in Gwer West, Benue.
- May 1: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and eighty-four others in Mubi South, Adamawa. Boko Haram was suspected.
- May 1: Herdsmen killed six in Guma, Benue.
- May 2: Boko Haram killed "many" (estimated at ten) in Konduga, Borno.
- May 2: Bandits killed thirteen in Maru, Zamfara.
- May 3: Four suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- May 3: Herdsmen killed fifteen in Numan and Lamurde LGAs in Adamawa.
- May 3: Nigerian soldiers neutralized a suicide bomber before they could detonate in Bama, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- May 4: Four suicide bombers killed themselves and three others in Konduga, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.