Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 12 to August 18, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 12: Boko Haram killed four in Konduga, Borno.
- August 12: Boko Haram killed two farmers in Jere, Borno.
- August 13: Gunmen attacked another church in Otisha South, Anambra, killing one policeman and one civilian.
- August 14: Boko Haram killed "many" (estimated at twenty) in Madagali, Adamawa.
- August 15: Three suicide bombers killed themselves and twenty-eight others in Kondgua, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- August 15: Hunters killed two Boko Haram militants in Madagali, Adamawa.
- August 15: Nigerian soldiers killed ten Boko Haram militants in Marte, Borno.
- August 15: Boko Haram killed three farmers and kidnapped one in Maiduguri, Borno.
- August 18: Two were killed when suspected loyalists of the former APC Chairman attacked the APC secretariat in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.