Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 18 to August 24, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 18: One soldier and two herdsmen were killed in a gun duel in Guma, Benue.
- August 18: Nigerian soldiers killed fifteen herdsmen in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- August 18: Robbers killed a Catholic priest in Gwagwalada, FCT.
- August 18: Boko Haram killed twenty-five in Guzamala, Borno.
- August 20: Three died in a clash between APC and PDP thugs in Brass, Bayelsa.
- August 20: Kidnappers killed two soldiers, one policeman, and one civilian in Abua/Odual, Rivers.
- August 21: The Nigerian Air Force killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Jere, Borno.
- August 23: Nigerian police killed four robbers in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom.
- August 23: Three robbery suspects were burnt to death in Calabar, Cross River.
- August 24: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- August 24: The Nigerian Air Force killed thirty bandits in Anka, Zamfara.