Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 19 to August 25, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 20: Sectarian violence led to seven deaths in Isoko South, Delta.
- August 20: An IED planted by Boko Haram killed two in Damaturu, Yobe.
- August 22: Boko Haram killed six in Kukawa, Borno.
- August 22: A suicide bomber killed himself and four others in Amchide, Cameroon. Boko Haram was suspeced.
- August 22: A former Nigerian Minister was kidnapped in Warri North, Delta.
- August 23: One suicide bomber killed himself and four others in Maiduguri, Borno; security forces killed a second would-be suicide bomber. Boko Haram was suspected.
- August 23: Boko Haram killed fifteen in Nganzai, Borno.
- August 24: Boko Haram killed twelve in Guzamala, Borno.
- August 24: Boko Haram killed four CJTF members and one civilian in Konduga, Borno.
- August 24: Boko Haram killed fifteen and kidnapped eight in Gakara, Cameroon.