Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 20 to August 26, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 20: Gunmen killed a community leader in Nkanu East, Enugu.
- August 20: Communal violence led to one death in Ughelli, Delta.
- August 20: Police officers killed one bandit in Danja, Katsina.
- August 20: Police officers killed one kidnapper in Etsako West, Edo.
- August 20: The Nigerian Air Force killed thirty-eight Boko Haram/Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 21: Kidnappers abducted four reverend sisters in Okigwe, Imo.
- August 21: Bandits killed two and abducted twenty-seven while one bandit was killed in Augie, Kebbi.
- August 21: Gunmen killed a Delta chief in Uvwie, Delta.
- August 21: Kidnappers killed one and abducted one in Ifelodun, Kwara.
- August 21: Gunmen killed an Army Major in Ihiala, Anambra.
- August 22: Police officers killed one kidnapper in Ovia North-East, Edo.
- August 22: Communal violence led to three deaths in Shomgom, Gombe.
- August 22: Kidnappers abducted five in Kwali, FCT.
- August 23: Communal violence led to one death in Ardo-Kola, Taraba.
- August 24: Bandits killed one soldier and abducted two civilians in Kubau, Kaduna.
- August 24: Gunmen killed a Police Inspector in Surulere, Lagos.
- August 24: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- August 24: Bandits killed one and abducted "several" (est. at ten) in Jibia, Katsina.
- August 25: Hoodlums killed two in Ojo, Lagos.
- August 25: Police officers killed five Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members in Oguta, Imo.
- August 25: Gunmen killed three at a hotel in Onicha, Ebonyi.
- August 26: Police officers killed two robbers in Warri, Delta.