- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 24 to 30, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 24: Boko Haram killed four and kidnapped twelve in Nganzai, Borno.
- August 26: Gunmen kidnapped one and killed two policemen and two others in Ikpoba-Okha.
- August 26: Bandits killed three and kidnapped eighteen in Kaduna, Kaduna.
- August 26: Bandits killed two in Tangazar, Sokoto.
- August 26: Nigerian soldiers killed two Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 27: Bandits kidnapped fifty people in Kurfi, Katsina.
- August 27: Boko Haram killed eleven construction workers in Damboa, Borno.
- August 28: Gunmen killed a Catholic priest in Takum, Taraba.
- August 28: A cult clash resulted in four deaths in Shomolu, Lagos.
- August 29: Gunmen killed five in Kaura, Kaduna.
- August 29: Herdsmen killed eight in Riyom, Plateau.
- August 30: Boko Haram killed eight Nigerian soldiers in Nganzai, Borno.
- August 30: Boko Haram killed four and kidnapped two in Gubio, Borno.