Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 5 to August 11, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
• August 5: A suicide bomber killed himself and eight others in Ouro-Kessoum, Cameroon. Boko Haram was suspected.
• August 5: Nigerian soldiers killed twelve Boko Haram militants and lost two soldiers to an IED in Bama, Borno.
• August 5: Nigerian soldiers killed one Boko Haram militant in Madagali, Adamawa.
• August 5: Boko Haram killed thirty-one fishermen in Kukawa, Borno.
• August 6: Gunmen killed fifteen in a church in Ekwusigo, Anambra.
• August 6: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Kala/Balge, Borno.
• August 7: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Dikwa, Borno.
• August 7: Gunmen kidnapped sixteen from a bus in Emuoha, Rivers.
• August 10: Boko Haram killed "scores" (estimated at forty) in Madagali, Adamawa.