Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 1 to 7, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 1: Boko Haram killed eighteen civilians in Mayo-Moskota, Cameroon.
- August 2: Police officers killed three kidnappers in Etche, Rivers.
- August 2: Cultists killed five in Akpabuyo, Cross River.
- August 2: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed herself and two others in Konduga, Borno.
- August 3: Police officers killed one protestor in Isoko North, Delta.
- August 3: Gunmen killed one journalist and one other in Nassarawa Egon, Nassarawa.
- August 4: Nigerian troops killed six pirates in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa.
- August 5: Gunmen killed four at a church in Yenegoa, Bayelsa.
- August 5: Fulani killed thirty-three in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- August 6: Police officers killed ten bandits in Batsari, Katsina.
- August 6: Nigerian troops killed ten bandits in Dutsinma, Katsina.