Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 17 to February 23, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- February 17: Boko Haram kidnapped "dozens" (est. at twenty-four) of travelers in Damboa, Borno.
- February 18: A cult clash resulted in five deaths in Ihiala, Anambra.
- February 18: Militants killed 1 and cultists killed three in Etim Ekpo, Akwa Ibom.
- February 19: Boko Haram kidnapped 111 girls from a school in Bursari, Yobe, subsequently killing 2 of them.
- February 19: A would-be suicide bomber was shot and detonated, killing himself but no others, in Maiduguri, Borno.
- February 20: Boko Haram killed five in Assigashia, Cameroon.
- February 21: Boko Haram killed two Chadian soldiers in the Lake Chad region (est. at Kaouda, Chad).
- February 21: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Offa, Kwara.
- February 22: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.