Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 3 to February 9, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, February 2: Sectarian violence led to ten deaths in Song, Adamawa)
- February 4: Boko Haram killed two in Konduga, Borno.
- February 4: Boko Haram killed three in Maiduguri, Borno.
- February 4: Boko Haram killed six in Hitawa, Cameroon.
- February 5: Herdsmen killed two policemen and four others in Guma, Benue.
- February 6: Kidnappers abducted two contractors from the Niger Delta Development Commission in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- February 6: Nigerian troops killed ten Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- February 6: Sectarian violence led to eight deaths in Obi, Nasarawa.
- February 8: Herdsmen killed three in Logo, Benue.
- February 8: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Shelleng, Adamawa.
- February 8: Over the course of three weeks, five Igbo traders were kidnapped in Calabar South, Cross River.