Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 14 to July 20, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, July 13: Boko Haram attacked Nigerian troops in Bama, Borno; twenty-three soldiers are missing, presumed dead)
- July 14: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram militants in Monguno, Borno.
- July 14: Gunmen killed four policemen in Owan West, Edo.
- July 15: Nigerian troops repelled a Boko Haram attack in Bama, Borno, killing twenty-two militants and losing ten soldiers.
- July 15: Boko Haram killed sixty-two Nigerian soldiers at a military base in Geidam, Yobe.
- July 16: Two policemen and two bandits were killed during a gun fight in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- July 17: Boko Haram killed twenty-seven in Ngala, Borno.
- July 17: Bandits killed thirty in Maradun, Zamfara.
- July 17: Herdsmen killed six in Ardo Kola, Taraba.
- July 19: Gunmen killed two in Bungudu, Zamfara.