Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 16, 2016 to July 22, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 16: Nigerian troops killed eleven cattle rustlers in Maru, Zamfara.
- July 16: A Lagos monarch was kidnapped in Lagos State, Lagos.
- July 18: Fulani herdsmen killed a Plateau traditional ruler and three others in Mangu, Plateau.
- July 18: The Niger Delta Avengers blew up a Shell facility in Warri South West, Delta.
- July 18: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram insurgents in Gwoza, Borno.
- July 19: Nigerian troops killed twelve Boko Haram insurgents in Bama, Borno.
- July 19: Nigerian troops killed forty-two Boko Haram insurgents in Kukawa, Borno.
- July 21: During a gun battle between Nigerian soldiers and Boko Haram militants, an estimated forty militants were killed while a number of soldiers went missing.