Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 29 to August 4, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 30: The Badoo cult killed four in Ikorodu, Lagos.
- July 30: Robbers killed two Nigerian customs officials in Dutsi, Katsina.
- July 31: Nigerian pirates kidnapped five in Bonny, Rivers.
- July 31: Police killed five armed robbers in Calabar South, Cross River.
- July 31: Boko Haram killed three loggers in Magumeri, Borno.
- August 1: Boko Haram killed eight in Madagali, Adamawa.
- August 3: Cultists killed four in Etim Ekpo, Akwa Ibom.
- August 4: Three suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Mafa, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- August 4: Three suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.