Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 11 to 17, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, May 10: Eleven Nigerian soldiers and four Boko Haram militants were killed during a fight in Magumeri, Borno.)
- May 11: Boko Haram killed four and kidnapped five in Maiduguri, Borno.
- May 12: Bandits killed six in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- May 12: Sectarian violence resulted in four deaths in Okpokwu, Benue.
- May 13: A Boko Haram bomb killed three Nigerian soldiers in Damboa, Borno.
- May 13: Gunmen kidnapped five oil workers in Akukutor, Rivers.
- May 13: Bandits killed thirteen in Batsari, Katsina.
- May 14: The Islamic State (Boko Haram) killed twenty-eight Nigerien soldiers in Tillaberi, Niger.
- May 14: Bandits abducted eight and killed two in Maru, Zamfara.
- May 14: Gunmen killed twenty in Kankara, Katsina.
- May 15: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Wukari, Taraba.
- May 16: Boko Haram killed five in Madagali, Adamawa.
- May 16: Boko Haram killed thirteen in Ceilia, Chad.
- May 16: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Donga, Taraba.
- May 16: Bandits killed eleven in Kankara, Katsina.