Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 23 to 29, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 23: Communal violence resulted in one death in Afikpo, Ebonyi.
- May 23: Four cultists were killed in Ifako/Ijaye, Lagos.
- May 24: Nigerian troops killed twelve Boko Haram militants in Ngala, Borno.
- May 26: Nigerian troops killed thirty bandits around Birnin-Magaji/Kiyaw, Zamfara.
- May 26: Five Boko Haram militants and two Cameroonian soldiers were killed during a clash in Soueram, Cameroon.
- May 27: Communal violence resulted in one death in Awka North, Anambra.
- May 27: Bandits killed seventy-four in Sabon Birni, Sokoto.
- May 28: Bandits killed thirteen in Faskari LGA and two in Sabuwa LGA in Katsina.
- May 28: Gunmen killed five in Bassa, Plateau.
- May 29: Kidnappers abducted four in Ika North East, Delta.
- May 29: Communal violence resulted in three deaths in Awka North, Anambra.