- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 5 to 11, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 5: Boko Haram killed two in Bama, Borno.
- October 5: The Nigerian Air Force killed ten bandits in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- October 5: Kidnappers abducted three in Jalingo, Taraba.
- October 5: Kidnappers abducted six in Fufore, Adamawa.
- October 6: Boko Haram killed two Nigerien soldiers in Dogondoutchi, Niger.
- October 6: Communal violence resulted in three deaths in Eggon, Nassarawa.
- October 6: Kidnappers abducted four Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) officers and five civilians in Kuje, FCT.
- October 7: Gunmen killed three in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- October 8: Kidnappers abducted two police sergeants and one civilian in Andoni, Rivers.
- October 9: Gunmen killed one and abducted one NSCDC officer and his two children in Kuje, FCT.
- October 9: Nigerian police killed four kidnappers in Oredo, Edo.
- October 9: Kidnappers abducted three in Augie, Kebbi.
- October 9: Nigerian troops killed four bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- October 10: Twenty bandits, five soldiers, and two civilians were killed during an attack in Bakura, Zamfara.
- October 10: Nigerian troops killed fifteen Boko Haram militants and lost one soldier.
- October 10: Boko Haram killed two Chadian soldiers in Ari-Gambori, Chad.
- October 11: Boko Haram killed three soldiers and four civilians in Magumeri, Borno.