Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 7 to October 13, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 7: Nigerian soldiers killed two Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- October 8: Nigerian soldiers killed four Boko Haram militants in Monguno, Borno.
- October 9: Suspected cultists killed fifteen in Obio/Akpor, Rivers.
- October 10: Nigerian troops killed fifteen Boko Haram militants and lost one soldier in Gwoza, Borno.
- October 10: Unknown gunmen killed the ex-Plateau head of service, one soldier, and one other in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- October 11: Four suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- October 12: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed himself, four CJTF, and one civilian in Konduga, Borno.
- October 12: Gunmen kidnapped an Italian priest in Oredo, Edo.
- October 13: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants while rescuing a kidnapped boy in Bama, Borno.
- October 13: Gunmen killed three National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) officials in Okene, Kogi.
- October 13: Four British citizens were kidnapped in Burutu, Delta.