- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 15 to September 21, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 15: Herdsmen killed three in Lau, Taraba.
- September 15: The Nigerian Air Force hit seven Boko Haram vehicles, neutralizing all occupants (estimated at twenty-five) in Mobbar and Guzamala LGAs in Borno.
- September 16: Boko Haram killed five Nigerian soldiers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 16: Gunmen killed three in Jos South, Plateau.
- September 16: Kidnappers abducted three lecturers in Makarfi, Kaduna.
- September 17: Bandits killed one in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- September 17: Herdsmen killed a policeman in Oshimili South, Delta.
- September 19: Cultists killed ten students in Esan West, Edo.
- September 19: Boko Haram killed nine in Konduga, Borno.
- September 19: Hoodlums killed ten at an APC meeting in Osisioma, Abia.
- September 20: Sectarian violence led to seven deaths in Toto, Nasarawa.
- September 21: Gunmen killed five in Ukum, Benue.