Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 27 to June 2, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 28: Unknown gunmen killed five IDPs in Konduga, Borno.
- May 30: A suicide bomber killed himself but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- May 30: A clash between Navy and policemen at a jail in Calabar, Cross River led to the deaths of three policemen and seven inmates.
- May 30: The Joint Task Force killed four robbers in Tai, Rivers.
- June 1: Gunmen kidnapped a radio CEO in Calabar, Cross River.
- June 1: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Ikwo, Ebonyi.
- June 1: A gang fight led to four deaths in Lagos Island, Lagos.
- June 2: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and four others in Kolofata, Cameroon. Boko Haram was suspected.
- June 2: Gunmen killed fourteen in Tai, Rivers. Political motivations were suspected.
- June 2: Gunmen kidnapped six people in Adoni, Rivers.