Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 13, 2016 to August 19, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 13: Herdsmen killed six in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- August 14: Nigerian troops killed sixteen Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- August 15: Boko Haram attacked a convoy of immigration officials and traders in Dikwa, Borno. They killed five traders, but security personnel returned fire killing "some" militants (estimated at five).
- August 16: Robbers attacked a bullion van, killing two police officers in Riyom, Plateau.
- August 16: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- August 17: The Multinational Joint Task Force killed twenty-seven Boko Haram militants in Fokotol, Cameroon.
- August 18: Two prison guards and seventeen inmates were killed in an attempted jail break in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.