Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 27, 2016 to September 2, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 27: A Boko Haram landmine killed four Chadian soldiers in Kaiga Kindji, Chad.
- August 27: Nigerian troops killed five Niger Delta militants in Rivers (exact location unknown).
- August 27: The Joint Task Force killed six kidnappers in Ahoada East, Rivers.
- August 28: Nigerian soldiers killed twenty cattle rustlers in Maru, Zamfara.
- August 28: Two soldiers and five Niger Delta militants were killed in a gun duel in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- August 30: Niger Delta militants attacked a pipeline in Ughelli South, Delta.
- September 1: Niger Delta militants blew up a pipeline in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- September 2: Gunmen kidnapped fourteen oil workers in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.