Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 2 to December 8, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 2: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and fifteen others in Biu, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- December 2: Gunmen killed four in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.
- December 3: Kidnappers abducted a Senator and two others in Okene, Kogi.
- December 4: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Demsa, Adamawa.
- December 4: Nigerian troops killed eight Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- December 4: Gunmen killed two police officers in Akwanga, Nasarawa.
- December 4: Sectarian violence led to eleven deaths in Riyom, Plateau.
- December 6: Kidnappers abducted six in Jere, Kaduna.