Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 28 to February 3, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 28: Boko Haram killed twenty in Damboa, Borno.
- January 28: Sectarian violence led to eight deaths in Lau, Taraba.
- January 31: A suicide bomber killed herself and one other at a mosque in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- January 31: Sectarian violence led to ten deaths in Lau, Taraba.
- January 31: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Girei, Adamawa.
- January 31: Suspected bandits killed five members of a UN team in Kontcha, Cameroon.
- January 31: Boko Haram killed one policeman in Damboa, Borno.
- February 1: Nigerian soldiers killed six Boko Haram militants and lost three of their own in Damboa, Borno.
- February 1: Illegal miners clashed in Jos South, Plateau, resulting in six deaths.