Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 2, 2016 to July 8, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 4: Nigerian troops killed three would-be suicide bombers in Monguno, Borno.
- July 5: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of seven in Yakuur, Cross River.
- July 6: Cultists killed eleven in Sagamu, Ogun.
- July 7: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of eight in Okpokwu, Benue.
- July 8: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and nine others at a mosque in Damboa, Borno.
- July 8: Boko Haram killed three in Maiduguri, Borno.
- July 8: Boko Haram attacked Kala/Balge, Borno and killed seven civilians. Nigerian troops repelled the attack, killing sixteen militants and losing two soldiers.