- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 12, 2016 to November 18, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- November 13: Herdsmen killed thirty-one in Kauru, Kaduna.
- November 14: Nigerian police clashed with Shi’ites in Kano Municipal, Kano, resulting in the deaths of one policeman and eight civilians.
- November 14: Boko Haram killed nine in Monguno, Borno.
- November 14: Boko Haram ambushed Nigerian troops in Gwoza, Borno, killing two soldiers.
- November 15: Boko Haram killed thirteen in Monguno, Borno.
- November 18: Four Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and two CJTF members in Maiduguri, Borno.
- November 18: Armed bandits killed twenty-nine in Maradun, Zamfara.
- November 18: Armed bandits killed two policemen and four cilivians, and kidnapped forty in Maru, Zamfara.