Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 19 to September 25, 2014. These incidents will be included in theNigeria Security Tracker.
- September 19: Police shot two (but did not kill) two vigilante members in Bayelsa, and then claimed that the vigilantes were robbers.
- September 21: Police repelled an attack on a police station in Kogi. There were no casualties.
- September 21: Sectarian violence in Plateau resulted in two deaths.
- September 23: Gunmen kidnapped a Chinese national in Kogi.
- September 24: Fulani herdsmen killed ten in Nasarawa.
- September 24: Boko Haram killed twenty-one in Hawul, Borno.
- September 25: Ekiti ex-National Union for Road Transport Workers (NURTW) boss shot dead in Ado-Ekiti, followed by increasing violence between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the NURTW.