James M. Lindsay
In this special edition, CFR.org Editor Robert McMahon, CFR's Director of Studies Jim Lindsay and Senior Fellow for Defense Policy Janine Davidson start off the summer with a list of books that they will be reading in the weeks ahead. Listen in for recommendations from their reading lists.
Robert McMahon's list:
- Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Pig Tales: An Omnivore's Quest for Sustainable Meat by Barry Estabrook
- The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
James Lindsay's list:
- In the Wake of the Plague: The Black Death and the World It Made by Norman Cantor
- The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order 1916-1931 by Adam Tooze
- How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World by Steve Johnson
Janine Davidson's list:
- The Unraveling by Emma Sky
- Ghost Fleet by Peter Singer
- The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
In this special episode of The World Next Week, CFR Adjunct Senior Fellow Carla Anne Robbins joins James M. Lindsay and Robert McMahon to discuss the books they reco...
Iran’s next president, Ebrahim Raisi, takes office; the suspension of the United States’ debt ceiling ends; and the summer wildfire season sets new records. ...
The Tokyo Olympic Games kick off in COVID-19’s shadow, Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi visits U.S. President Joe Biden at the White House, and South Africans...
Jordanian King Abdullah II visits U.S. President Joe Biden at the White House, former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s trial for bribery charges resumes i...
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro faces COVID-19 corruption charges, Haitians confront political uncertainty in the wake of President Jovenel Moise’s assassination,...
The deadline for President Joe Biden’s goal of vaccinating 70 percent of Americans passes, the UN Security Council votes to maintain aid deliveries between Turkey an...
Mexico holds pivotal midterm elections, Hong Kongers attempt to mark the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre, and Peruvians vote in a divisive presidential ...
Belarus faces global condemnation after grounding an airplane to arrest a dissident journalist; West Africa braces for the fallout from Mali’s second coup in nine mo...