James M. Lindsay
Janine A. Davidson
In this special edition, CFR.org Editor Robert McMahon, CFR's Director of Studies Jim Lindsay and Senior Fellow for Defense Policy Janine Davidson start off the summer with a list of books that they will be reading in the weeks ahead. Listen in for recommendations from their reading lists.
Robert McMahon's list:
- Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Pig Tales: An Omnivore's Quest for Sustainable Meat by Barry Estabrook
- The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
James Lindsay's list:
- In the Wake of the Plague: The Black Death and the World It Made by Norman Cantor
- The Deluge: The Great War, America and the Remaking of the Global Order 1916-1931 by Adam Tooze
- How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World by Steve Johnson
Janine Davidson's list:
- The Unraveling by Emma Sky
- Ghost Fleet by Peter Singer
- The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
The anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre is marked amid a surge in Hong Kong tensions, the European Union debates a massive coronavirus rescue plan, and...
The deadline approaches for Argentina to restructure $65 billion in debt, the U.S. House of Representatives is set to join the Senate in getting back to work, and th...
Criticism mounts over China’s coronavirus response; East African countries face a second, much larger infestation of desert locusts; and Europe commemorates the seve...
U.S. officials confront supply chain breakdowns amid the coronavirus pandemic, the Trump administration begins the presidential transition process six months before ...
Governors face pressure to reopen America, the UN Security Council discusses conditions in Syria, and the Islamic holy month of Ramadan begins.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announces a funding freeze and review of the World Health Organization amid the coronavirus pandemic, Earth Day is celebrated across t...
Countries across the globe continue to face the challenges presented by the novel coronavirus, Group of Twenty (G20) foreign and energy ministers meet virtually, and...
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban exercises sweeping executive powers amid the coronavirus pandemic, global and local media outlets face pressure, and Israeli le...
U.S. lawmakers near a $2 trillion coronavirus relief deal as debate intensifies over economic pain versus lockdown efforts, Indians enter a nationwide, twenty-one-da...