Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 20 to 26, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, April 19: A British woman and one other were killed while four people were kidnapped in Kajuru, Kaduna.)
- April 20: Bandits killed eleven in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- April 20: Gunmen abducted three cattle merchants in Donga, Taraba.
- April 20: Nigerian troops killed six bandits in Anka, Zamfara.
- April 20: Approximately twenty people were abducted in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- April 21: Bandits killed seventeen and abducted two in Kankara, Katsina.
- April 21: Gunmen killed two in Sanga, Kaduna.
- April 21: A Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) official deliberately drove his car into an Easter procession in Gombe, Gombe, killing eight members of the Gombe Boys' Brigade; the crowd then killed the NSCDC official and the driver in retaliation.
- April 22: Sectarian violence resulted in five deaths in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- April 22: The Nigerian Air Force killed ten bandits in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- April 22: Nigerian troops killed five sectarian mercenaries in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- April 22: Four personnel of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) were abducted in Abua/Odual, Rivers.
- April 22: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- April 24: The Nigerian Air Force killed "some" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- April 24: Gunmen killed three policemen and one community chief in Oyigbo, Rivers; two of the assailants were also killed
- April 25: Two Chinese construction workers were kidnapped in Ohaozara, Ebonyi.
- April 25: Gunmen kidnapped two Shell workers and killed their two police escorts in Emuoha, Rivers.
- April 25: Gunmen killed a bus driver and kidnapped all approximately, thirty passengers, in Emuoha, Rivers.
- April 25: Nigerian troops killed four bandits in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- April 26: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- April 26: Boko Haram attacked a Nigerian military base in Biu, Borno; no casualties have been reported yet.