Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 25 to March 3, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
*(last week, February 24: Nigerian soldiers killed eighteen Boko Haram militants in Gujba, Yobe)
- February 26: Four were killed in a cult clash in Ondo West, Ondo.
- February 27: Suspected herdsmen kidnapped three teachers in Ovia North-East, Edo.
- February 28: Kidnappers killed four vigilantes for thwarting a kidnapping in Aba South, Abia.
- March 2: Nigerian police killed a kidnap kingpin in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- March 2: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Gwer East, Benue.
- March 3: Three suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.