Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 18 to November 24, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(last week, November 17: Armed bandits killed three in Maradun LGA and twenty-two in Shinkafi LGA in Zamfara)
- November 18: Four suicide bombers killed themselves and two others in Jere, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- November 19: Gunmen killed six in Ukanafun, Akwa Ibom.
- November 19: Boko Haram beheaded six farmers in Mafa, Borno.
- November 20: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed himself and two others in Kolofata, Cameroon.
- November 20: Nigerian security operatives killed six oil militants in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- November 20: Sectarian violence led to forty-five deaths in Numan, Adamawa.
- November 21: A suicide bomber killed himself and fifty-nine others at a mosque in Mubi North, Adamawa. Boko Haram was suspected.
- November 21: Kidnappers killed one Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) marshal and abducted two other marshals in Gurara, Niger.
- November 23: Members of a vigilance group killed ten militants in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- November 23: Suspected Boko Haram militants killed seven in Gombi, Adamawa.