Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 1, 2016 to October 7, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 2: Unknown gunmen killed four police officers at a police station in Ado, Benue.
- October 2: Nigerian troops killed five kidnappers in Ningi, Bauchi.
- October 3: A former Nigerian minister and her husband were kidnapped in Kagarko, Kaduna.
- October 4: Gunmen kidnapped an APC chieftain in Obio/Akpor, Rivers
- October 6: Unknown gunmen kidnapped six at a school in Lagos State, Lagos.
- October 6: Nigerian troops killed two female suicide bombers in Gwoza, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- October 6: Nigerian troops killed one male suicide bomber in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- October 6: Unknown gunmen attacked a Malian refugee camp in Tassalit, Niger, killing twenty-two Nigerien soldiers.
- October 7: Gunmen kidnapped the Ekiti APC chieftain’s wife in Ekiti East, Ekiti.