Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 17, 2016 to September 23, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 17: Gunmen kidnapped four landlords in Kosofe, Lagos.
- September 18: Boko Haram killed eight in Chibok, Borno.
- September 19: Boko Haram killed six in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 19: Boko Haram killed four in Odukpani, Cross River
- September 20: A battle between Nigerian soldiers and Boko Haram in Abadam, Borno resulted in the deaths of "many" militants (estimated at twenty) and, according to Boko Haram, forty soldiers were killed as well.
- September 21: A suicide bomber killed himself and three others in Djakana, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- September 22: A battle between Nigerian soldiers and Boko Haram resulted in the deaths of fifteen militants and two soldiers in Abadam, Borno.
- September 23: The Niger Delta Avengers blew up a pipeline in Bonny, Rivers.