About the Expert
Carla Anne Robbins is an adjunct senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), where she leads a roundtable series on national security in an age of disruption. She is also faculty director of the master of international affairs program and clinical professor of national security studies at Baruch College's Marxe School of Public and International Affairs.
An award-winning journalist and foreign policy analyst, Robbins was deputy editorial page editor at the New York Times and chief diplomatic correspondent at the Wall Street Journal. She has reported from Latin America, Europe, Russia, and the Middle East.
Robbins is a graduate of Wellesley College and received a PhD in political science from the University of California, Berkeley. She was a Nieman fellow at Harvard University and a media fellow at Stanford University.
- Winner, 2003 Edward Weintal Prize for Diplomatic Reporting, Georgetown University
- Co-winner, 2000 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting on the Post-Cold War defense budget
- Co-winner, 1999 Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting on the Russian financial crisis
- Co-winner, 1984 Morton Frank Award, the Overseas Press Club
- Media Fellow, Stanford University
- Nieman Fellow, Harvard University
- Baruch College, Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, Marxe Faculty Director of the master of international affairs program and clinical professor of national security studies
- The American Interest, contributing editor
In this special episode of The World Next Week, James M. Lindsay and Robert McMahon are joined by CFR senior fellow Carla Anne Robbins to discuss their most recently beloved books, the books they’re looking forward to reading, and the book they’re reading for fun. Read more about Jim, Bob, and Carla’s picks on Jim’s blog, The Water’s Edge.
The United States goes to the polls in a tense midterm election, and Iran faces the consequences of new oil sanctions. Carla Anne Robbins sits in for Jim Lindsay.
CFR's Carla Anne Robbins joins Robert McMahon to examine President Donald Trump's foreign policy on Cuba.
In this episode of The President's Inbox, CFR's James M. Lindsay, Robert McMahon, and Carla Anne Robbins examine President-Elect Donald Trump's defense priorities.
In this special edition, CFR's Director of Studies James Lindsay, CFR.org Managing Editor Robert McMahon, and Adjunct Senior Fellow Carla Anne Robbins examine the fifteenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.