Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 16, to April 22, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 18: Nigerian troops repelled a Boko Haram attack in Mobbar, Borno, killing thirty insurgents.
- April 18: Boko Haram killed three Cameroonian soldiers in Dabanga, Cameroon.
- April 19: Boko Haram ambushed a Nigerian military convoy in Bama, Borno, killing one soldier. The troops killed "some" Boko Haram militants (estimated at five).
- April 19: Boko Haram killed eleven in Gulani, Yobe.
- April 20: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and seven others at an IDP camp in Bama, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- April 21: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of seven in Donga, Taraba.
- April 22: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of six in Bali, Taraba.
- April 22: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of ten in Karim Lamido, Taraba.
- April 22: Three Osun government officials were kidnapped in Lokoja, Kogi.