Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 18, 2015 to April 24, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 18: Gunmen kidnapped the chairman of Rivers LGA.
- April 18: A soldier killed one civilian at a checkpoint in Ushongo, Benue.
- April 18: Sectarian violence in Agatu, Benue resulted in the deaths of sixty.
- April 19: Boko Haram killed two soldiers in Kukawa, Borno.
- April 20: Sectarian violence in Donga, Taraba resulted in fifteen casualties.
- April 21: Nigerian troops killed a top Boko Haram commander and a "number" of other insurgents in Kaga, Borno.
- April 21: Gunmen killed a campaign coordinator for Kaduna State’s governor-elect, el-Rufai, in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- April 22: Nigerian forces invaded the Boko Haram stronghold in Sambisa Forest, Borno. The casualty count is unknown.