- News Releases
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has launched the "CFR Forum" (http://blogs.cfr.org/forum), a new group blog, featuring a series of expert discussions moderated by CFR fellows. The forum will address a different international issue approximately every two weeks, with a changing cast of participants, handpicked by the CFR fellow hosting the discussion.
The first discussion, led by Sebastian Mallaby, director of CFR’s Maurice R. Greenberg Center for Geoeconomic Studies, looks at "Financial Turmoil and U.S. Power," and includes the following participants:
• Charles Calomiris, Henry Kaufman professor of financial institutions, Columbia Business School
• Heidi Crebo-Rediker, co-director, Global Strategic Finance Initiative, New America Foundation
• Daniel Drezner, professor of international politics, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
• Nicholas Eberstadt, Henry Wendt scholar in political economy, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
• Jeffrey Frankel, James W. Harpel professor of capital formation and growth, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
• James K. Galbraith, Lloyd M. Bentsen Jr. chair in government/business relations and professor of government, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, University of Texas at Austin
• Peter Gosselin, national economics correspondent, Los Angeles Times
• Roger Kubarych, Henry Kaufman adjunct senior fellow for international economics and finance, Council on Foreign Relations
• Desmond Lachman, resident fellow, American Enterprise Institute
• Brink Lindsey, vice president for research, Cato Institute
• Robert Litan, vice president of research and policy, Kauffman Foundation
• Michael Mandelbaum, director, American Foreign Policy Program, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
• Megan McArdle, journalist, The Atlantic
• Richard Medley, founder, Medley Global Advisors
• Joseph Nye, Sultan of Oman professor of international relations, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
• Adam Posen, deputy director, Peterson Institute for International Economics
• Brad W. Setser, fellow for geoeconomics, Council on Foreign Relations
• Benn Steil, senior fellow and director of international economics, Council on Foreign Relations
• Arvind Subramanian, senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
The group of invited participants posts contributions directly to the forum, while comments from readers will be included in the discussion at the discretion of the host. Future discussions will address issues ranging from Iran’s nuclear program to the global food crisis.
The CFR Forum is available at: http://blogs.cfr.org/forum.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries.